Whenever possible, we want to be on the same page with you.
For that reason, we have a pricing structure for all hourly work that gives us accountability to deadlines, and you the ability to adjust priorities as your business requires.
We use a ticket system for the management of all work to be done, and this system has 5 default levels, each with their own pricing. Note: “Billing Rate Responsibility” means no change in policies to you if it is our own responsibility (i.e. software bug), however, if this is…
- Something outside the scope of the project agreed to, or a change to existing project that is outside design direction
- A change to previously-approved work i.e. if you tell us “blue” then later change to “red”
- Something you broke and need us to fix
Then billing adjustments are your responsibility and billed to your account against your retainer. We need to do this, frankly, otherwise every client marks “emergency” for every task. This allows you to decide, and pay for, items as you see fit.
- Emergency – 300% Billing Rate Responsibility
- Note: we will wake people out of bed, work at 3am on Christmas Day, etc. for this level of ticket item. We charge accordingly.
- Urgent – 150% Billing Rate Responsibility
- This will require nights and weekends by our staff.
- High Priority – Default – Regular Billing Rate
- Guaranteed Delivery Schedule given and will be escalated at no charge to you as it gets closer to the deadline if not already completed.
- Medium Priority – 25% Discount to Billing Rate
- Guaranteed Turn-time 7 days for misc ticket items; escalated at no extra charge to you as it gets closer to the deadline if not already completed.
- Low Priority – 50% Discount to Billing Rate
- Guaranteed Turn-time 30 days for misc ticket items; escalated at no extra charge to you as it gets closer to the deadline if not already completed.
Last, here’s some accountability to us!
We will in all cases give you a conservative estimate, because we are going to give you dates you can depend on. Also, our workload can vary widely and at any given moment we have an existing queue of other clients’ work to be completed. We want to give you service you can depend on, just realize that everything we do takes work – we don’t just wave our hands over the keyboard and have results magically appear!
That said, here’s our accountability schedule that we hold our own staff to – all the way to the CEO and lead designer, RogerV:
- Work delivered on time: At rate
- Work delivered any more than 4 hours over deadline promised: 15% discount applies.
- Work delivered any later than 33% over the total days scheduled: 33% Discount to that work-order.
Moving forward we will be tracking, and later posting, our average-ticket-turn-time in our support section.
STAFF NOTES: (Ignore this, but it may be of interest to know internal systems)
Additional Internal Ticket System Notes: For any unfilled tickets:
- At 50% of alotted time, all items are escalated one point
- At 75% of alotted time, all items are escalated another point
- At 80%, 85%, and 90% of alotted time, all items are escalated another point
When any item reaches 80% of alotted time on an urgent level-task, trigger a notice to Roger to pull one of main-app programmers and assign to task, and hire another tech. If any item is escalated twice, Roger should get an email.
Note to Phone Support: Don’t use the word “Fault” as it implies a moralistic overtone of judgement. Fault is really irrelevant. We never make a client wrong for anything, but we do require they take responsibility for their choices.