How to Replace Images:
A video will be added soon, but here’s the overview til we wrap that up:
First, there are are 3 major locations for images, and swapping them out requires editing them 3 different ways… all are pretty easy, you just need to know where to look. The 3 possible types of images to swap are:
- Post or Page Images (usually in the main body of one specific page).
- To edit, either click the image if one is already present and you’ll see options appear; you can also click the small rectangle just to the right of “Upload / Insert” while editing the page.
- Widget Images (usually in the sidebar or footer)
- To edit, go to Appearance >> Widgets, and mouse over the widget you wish to edit. You’ll see a little down-arrow appear; click to open it and you’ll see a few widgets. You can drag these, or click any to open.
- Theme Images (e.g. a background image, but could be anything related to site-wide changes). This includes a main-top slideshow system which may be site-wide, or might be on the home page only.
- Site-Wide Slideshow or “Flash Cub3r” or Accordion show: Go to SwiftCMS (bottom left) >> Header img/slider. If you don’t see it there, it’s possible it’s a “content widget” or you may see it on “Custom Home Page” by dropping down “content”.
- Homepage-Only Sideshow. Usually in SwiftCMS >> Custom Home Page >> Content Page.
- Everything else, including background image, theme styling, etc. – check first on SwiftCMS >> General Settings
To edit the images, we recommend:
- http://pixlr.com/editor/ – free & powerful and 99% chance will do anything you need it to. Did we mention it’s free?
- Photoshop by Adobe, if you’re a serious designer this is hands-down the leader – though for clients, it’s often overkill, and if you just need some cropping, text, etc. just use pixlr above. For most clients, photoshop lite will work well.
- GIMP – powerful and free, open-source. Add Gimpshop to make it look and feel more like photoshop if you’re so inclined.