To use these, just add [ ] (no spaces!) before and after, like this:
Officially Supported Shortcodes:
- [swiftSign swift_form_id=”YOURNUMBERHERE”] and [/swiftSign] —- These need to be at the beginning and end (respectively) of the signable document. Everything between these tags will be captured and considered legally signed, anything outside these tags will not. Required. The number is provided to you inside SwiftCloud >> Forms.
- [swift button] — /// REQUIRED – this is the “Sign & Send” button that should go at the bottom. It will add some terms, and look like this:
- [swift email] — /// REQUIRED* — forces a valid email i.e. email@example.com
- Note: Docs signed on SwiftCloud server do NOT require this, as they will instead prompt the user to log in or create a free account.
- [swift Signature] — default signature field.
- /// note 3x sizes are also allowed i.e. [swiftsignature size=’large’] or [swiftsignature size=’medium’] or [swiftsignature size=’small’] (small = default, so if not specified, we will use small). Large is typically used on tablets or phones.
- [swift initials] — /// a signature drawing area.
- [swift textbox] — /// standard text entry. Note each field must have a different name.
- [swift textarea] — /// a larger area for the user to input a few sentences.
- [swift URL] — /// forces a valid URL i.e https://SomeSite.com
- [swift checkbox] — /// Example: [swift_checkbox name=”favorite colors” class=”” options=”blue, red, green” checked=”blue”]
- [swift radio buttons] — /// Example: [swift_radio name=”favorite_animal” class=”” options=”lions, tigers, bears” checked=”bears”]
- [swift circleword] — /// Technically this is just another form of checkbox but is formatted differently for presentation.
- [swift dropdown] — /// Example: [swift_radio name=”cutest_animal” class=”” option_values=”puppies, kittens, baby seals” selected_option=”kittens”]
- [swift date] — /// this is a date picker, via which user can select any date (birthday, contract date, delivery date, etc. – changeable).
- [swift date today] — // this will force today’s date, and cannot be changed.
- NOTE: Time-date stamping in the audit will be based on server time, so this is technically “claimed & cosmetic” for the user’s benefit. In the highly unlikely event some user tried to forge (change their computer’s date-time in order to influence the viability of a contract), this would not work – the time-date stamping is cosmetic and claimed per signature agreement and in event of discrepancy, server time based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) (a global standard and legally recognized) will overrule any cosmetic claims.
- [swiftsign_capture_name] – drop this on the thank-you page to thank your signor by name – i.e. “Thanks John” if user signs as John Doe.
These are not difficult – you can optionally add classes (for CSS styling), make any field required (default = not required except email) – add these into any shortcode
- name — this is required and is the variable name. Note SwiftCloud can translate variables using Json, for remote-posting to other systems. For example, you can capture just “name” (first + last in one field), and the system will automatically split it, into firstname and lastname, which if your remote-system requires “First Name” (caps and space), the “Variable Translation” function can do that.
- class — use this only if you want to override the styling. Usually only used by professional designers or programmers.
- value — sets the default value of a field which will appear when the page is loaded.
- placeholder — this sets a disappearing text-tip that disappears on click but tells the user what to expect – example: what is your favorite color: [i.e. blue]. Note this will disappear when clicked and is used to explain the field, whereas the above stays when clicked and is useful as a default value but allows editing.
- noedit — this is an advanced field that can only be used when pre-filling variables, and will disallow editing at time of signature – for example, for a purchase contract price, in which you don’t want to let the signor edit the price.