Social Media Integration is automatically built into SwiftCMS / SwiftWebDesigner.com and just needs to be configured. Also included are reviews sites (i.e. Yelp, Google).
First, let’s define what this will mean to you.
Simplest: Social Media Footer Icons:
Example: Bottom of this website. The round icons are automatically linked to various social profiles we have around the internet.
How to Edit: In your control panel, go to SwiftCMS >> General Settings (2nd subtab) >> Footer Settings (bottom section) >> Social Icons Area – it will look something like this:
- Make sure “Area is Active” is set to Yes. Default is No.
- Area position, icons position, dotted borders is just personal preference – go ahead and play with it, you won’t break anything.
- Notice in the example above in “Social h1” I put the phone number; it’s simply a good place for it. The default may be “get connected”, but you can dish out some attitude like “hook it up”, show a phone like we did, even include a link to some page, or omit it altogether as you see fit.
- Icon style is just personal preference. If you need some other style we don’t yet have, contact us and we can probably accommodate.
- Email doesn’t need a “mailto” address – simply enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the options below that, an icon will show if there is anything other than blank, but what should be in each field is a link to your profile. This is where you drop in your facebook fan page URL (ours is http://Facebook.com/swiftmarketing), your twitter URL, etc.
Option 2: Same, but in the Header, not the Footer.
Set this up in the same way as above, but enable it in the header section of the same page – i.e. SwiftCMS >> General Settings >> Header Area Settings >> Header Right Side Area like so:
Option 3: Full Integration (Bi-Directional). More Powerful, More Complex
This is more complex, and should be handled one site / integration at a time. Most common are: (Click to see details)