GOAL: Multiple people sign a single document or set of documents (“Envelope”).
How: You’ve got 2 options:
- You do NOT know all the parties to the signature up front; other parties will be added by the first party. Example: Temp worker who sends a timesheet to his/her supervisor to sign off on the hours. The supervisor’s name and contact may be filled in by the worker and SwiftCloud then will freeze the first signor’s fields, and send it to the next party to sign or reject. — See “Web Signable Version” below.
- You DO know all the parties to the signature, and so you invite them to fill a role (example: Seller then buyer, worker then employer). This is done via our “Workroom Wizard” on which you can easily set up a team. — See “Workroom Wizard” below.
It’s pretty simple, once you set things up or know where to look.
Various assets including e-signature are based on roles – i.e. buyer then seller, employee then employer.
By automating this, you can set up data and automation flows to make your business run on autopilot, or at least automate some business processes.
To do this, you need 2 key parts:
- Role based automation rules
- Something that role will do, i.e. sign a doc, pay an invoice, complete a task, etc.
This allows you to chain things together automatically – so that after the employee / new hire signs an envelope of docs for example, it automatically gets forwarded to the employer (which might be you, or could be a 3rd party if you’re a staffing firm).
This is the official help guide on how to use this:
Electronic Signature Roles Automation:
This is best for when you do NOT know who will be signing in advance, or you want to setup a template.
- Select a role when using the shortcode generator, or
- Hand-edit the role using this format:
- [swift_additionalcontact_1_email role=”9″] /// if the name is unknown i.e. going to be entered by someone on-the-fly, or using our URL Generator Tool
- [swift_additionalcontact_1_name] /// if you are assembling a roles based team and know who is going to fill these roles and are defining this prior to sending the doc(s) out for signature.
- [swift_additionalcontact_1_phone] /// you can also pre-define the phone number of the contact, which we may use to SMS them an invite.
This is for when you DO know who the people are.
Workroom Wizard is a simple tool to help you quickly assemble a group of people for a specific purpose i.e. sign a doc, collaborate on a project, upload some files, etc.
100% of the functions of Workroom Wizard can also be accomplished easily in the Folder / Workroom itself, we just made the wizard to make it more clear for users and focus their attention.
This video explains:
What could we do to improve this?