Setup your W9 Electronic Signature in minutes using SwiftCloud’s pre-done template.
To setup your W-9 for Electronic Signature, simply…
- Get signed up or logged in if you haven’t
- From the wizard page click Templates (Center top…), or from the main cloud drive page click Templates (top far right)
- Navigate to Government Forms >> USA and then click the clone button by W9
- Decide what you want to happen after the user signs. Just show a confirmation? Redirect them back to your website, i.e. to a page that says “thanks, you’re all set”? Send to payment? Most commonly we send them back to your website (pink box >> redirect in video above) – set the pink box user flow as needed. Also in the pink box customize the email the signor will get.
- In the blue box, define who will get emailed a copy. We’ll also store these online for both you the owner and the signor(s) as well in a “Workroom”, a shared cloud folder you can store anything to, make notes, etc.
- Signors will also appear in your Contacts list FYI, so you can easily search for contacts anytime by name, email, phone
To learn more about our E-Signature platform just check out the product page, but frankly better for most is to dive in and try it out.
When do I need to use a W9?
Use Form W-9 to provide your correct TIN (Tax ID Number as a business, OR SSN Social Security Number if you are working as an individual contractor) to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report, for example,
- income paid to you
- real estate transactions
- mortgage interest you paid
- acquisition or abandonment of secured property
- cancellation of debt
- contributions you made to an IRA
Further Reading & Resources:
- The original U.S. Government W-9 reference material
- Original non e-signable W9 reference https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf